Mothers often want to ensure their daughters have everything they need for trips out of the country. Choosing a going-away present for a child who goes on extended trips can be tricky.
The best gift for a daughter traveling abroad is the Kipling Women’s Izellah Crossbody bag. It’s a lightweight sling bag that can hold important travel documents and other essential items. The bag also has an adjustable strap, so your daughter can adjust it to a height that suits her best.
Read on to learn more about the Izellah Crossbody bag to see if it’s a good fit for your daughter. I will also introduce a few other gift options for your daughter when she is traveling abroad.
Best Overall: Kipling Women’s Izellah Crossbody Bag
The Izellah Crossbody Bag is an excellent gift choice due to its light material and spaciousness. The bag is easy to clean and comes in multiple colors. Another great feature is its adjustable strap, as you can wear it as a crossbody or shoulder bag.
The Kipling Crossbody is by no means small, as it has a main compartment and two zip pockets at the front. Your daughter can rest assured she can keep all her essentials on her, such as:
- Cell phones
- Portable charger
- Credit cards and currency
- Passport and ID
- An excellent organizer: Despite being medium-sized, the bag has plenty of compartments and pockets for different items. Your daughter can organize her items how she wants without having to search for stuff each time she needs something urgently.
- It’s water resistant: The bag’s material is water resistant, meaning she won’t have to worry about water or liquid damage, and it’s an excellent carrier for rainy weather. The material also makes it easy to clean the bag with wipes or wet cloths.
- Deceptive size: Some users complain that the bag size is bigger than expected. However, most note that they failed to check the manufacturer’s measurements before purchasing the bag. Remember to check the stated size before buying this as a gift.
- No key fob: The absence of a key fob is unusual for a Kipling bag, and it’s one of the downsides of the bag. You may have to rummage a little to look for your keys.
Most Useful: SAMSUNG 15W Wireless Charger
You can get your daughter a SAMSUNG 15 W Wireless charger as it’s compatible with Galaxy phones and most other Android devices. Wireless chargers are handy for traveling because you can charge your phone without having it tethered to a conventional wall-socket charger.
This specific cordless charger charges quickly and is powered by a USB-C cable. The base also has a built-in cooling fan, so phones are at a lower risk of overheating while charging.
- Excellent compatibility: The SAMSUNG 15W Wireless charger is compatible with most flagship devices. Apart from mobile phones, your daughter can also charge her tablet or earbuds with this charger, making it a pretty nifty piece of tech.
- LED light: The charger has an LED light that keeps you updated on the charging status of your device. The red light means the device is charging, turning green when your device is fully charged.
- No super-fast charging: Even though the charger is fast, it isn’t super-fast. You need a 25W or above adaptor for fast charging.
- It makes a noise: The fan can be too loud for some. You’ll hear the blades’ sound when you use the charger in a quiet room. Some customers also complain about a clicking noise that can be very disturbing.
Most Wanted: Kindle Paperwhite Signature Edition
The Kindle Paperwhite Signature Edition is one of the best gifts for your daughter if she enjoys reading. Since the e-reader has an IPX8 waterproof rating, you won’t have to worry about water damage at the beach or by the pool.
The Signature edition has 32 GB of storage space for your daughter to download millions of books through the Amazon and Kindle stores. The massive memory space is a step up from the basic Paperwhite, which only comes in 8 GB and 16 GB variants.
- Excellent reading time: The Signature edition has impressive battery life and features wireless charging as a bonus. A fully charged Kindle can give you up to 10 weeks of reading time.
- Adjustable display light: The Paperwhite Signature’s display is adjustable and glare-free, so you can read in any light without putting stress on your eyes. It also allows you to select the type of display backlight for day and night reading.
- The price tag: The Paperwhite Signature edition is pricey, as you can get almost the same features as the original Paperwhite version. The extra features include a larger storage capacity and wireless charging, which may be optional for some.
- No speakers: Like its predecessors, the Signature edition has no speakers, which can be a downside for bookworms who enjoy listening to audiobooks as much as reading e-books.
Most Drinkable: Starbucks VIA Instant Coffee — Veranda Blend
Your daughter can enjoy a steaming cup of coffee anywhere with Starbucks VIA instant coffee sachets. Depending on how much coffee she drinks, you can buy 12 packs of eight-count sticks or a giant box of 50-count sachets.
It may be an unusual gift, but it can save traveling money when the craving for java hits.
- Easy to carry: The sachets are small, so your daughter can take them out of the box and store them in a backpack. Also, being instant coffee, you can easily mix the formula in a thermos and enjoy it during the day.
- Excellent flavor: The Veranda blend is made from lightly-roasted beans mixed with toasted malt and baking chocolate. You can drink it black or add milk and sugar to make it richer. No matter how you take it, the flavor stays sweet and intense.
- Caffeinated: The Veranda blend is caffeinated, so your daughter may not enjoy it if caffeine interferes with her sleep. If she enjoys a cup of coffee before bed, choosing a decaffeinated variant may be a better idea.
- Not too thick: There may be better options if your daughter enjoys thick, rich coffee. Black coffee can be a bit watery sometimes, so you may have to add coffee creamer or milk.
Packing the right items for your travels can make all the difference. You can help your daughter by giving her gifts that she may not have the budget for or overlook. It’s best to select gifts that don’t take up too much packing space, as your child may need the luggage space for her other favorite traveling essentials.